Beltane does not just magically happen. It comes about with the help of its awesome volunteers and the participants’ community service. We thank each and every one of you who attends and takes your turn in one way or another to serve for the benefit of all.
Community service shifts are two hours long and are available in the following areas:
- Order of Ma’at: Staff the Gate, check people in when they arrive and help with and event orientation.
- Order of Seva: Help attendees with work-shift sign ups and assist Gate personnel.
- Order of the Dagda: Assist Gate personnel and festival attendees with necessary odd jobs. Good slot for younger volunteers!
- Order of Themis: Promote and support community standards of care for one another and the sacred land upon which we celebrate.
- Order of Vulcan: Fire circle safety, especially ensuring that all sacred fires are doused each night.
- Order of Chango: Maintaining and monitoring the sacred space of the drum circle and assisting the Lead Drummer and Fire Circle Focalizer as needed.
- Order of Hygeia: Assist with site cleanup, recycling & trash pickup.
- Maypole Transport: Bring the Maypole from offsite onto the ritual grounds, and remove the Maypole from the earth and return it to its resting place offsite. Upper body strength required.
- Silver Moon: Act as dispatcher to call Silver Moon personnel if help is required. Promote responsible behavior and safeguard the health and safety of all. NOTE: At least one person per shift must be 18+.